32 Best Things To Do On Maui
Are you trying to decide what things you want to do during your trip to Maui? We get asked by our friends, family, and surf students all the time what our favorite things are. There are numerous things on Maui to ‘see and do’ so it really depends on what you are into and interested in.
The first thing you should decide is what kind of vacation you want. Are you a Resort Goer? A Sight Seer? A Hard Core Adventurer? Or maybe somewhere in between?
Some visitors want to spend all their time in front of their resort at the beach or pool and never leave. They just want to relax and that is it. Some like to relax at the beach, but also want to get out and do some exploring and sightseeing around the island. Others are hard-core adventurers looking for excitement and will be out and about all day every day, and rarely see their rooms.
Depending on what kinds of vacation you want and how adventurous you are feeling, here’s a list of 32 of our favorite activities and locations that are ideas you could do:
- Go To The Beach
- Bike Down The Volcano
- Go On A Farm Tour
- Go Golfing
- Go To A Luau
- Get A Massage
- Learn To Snorkel
- Go Sailing
- Get Surf Lessons
- Get Stand Up Paddle Lessons
- Take The Kids To The Aquarium
- Go Whale Watching
- Enjoy The Views From A Helicopter Tour
- Get A Guide To Go Hiking (Bamboo Forest, Twin Falls)
- Go Kayaking Or On An Outrigger Canoe
- Try Parasailing
- Get Scuba Diving Lessons
- Relax At The Beach And Go Swimming
- Go Shopping
- Hire A Guide To Go Sport Fishing
- Explore The Road to Hana
- Go Ziplining
- Visit Iao Valley
- Drive To See La Perouse Lava Fields
- Check Out Black Rock – Cliff Jumping
- Visit Molokini Crater
- Enjoy Lunch In Paia Town
- Visit The Lavender Fields
- Check Out The Upcountry Maui Winery
- Go See Honolua Bay
- Visit Wainapanapa State Park (reservations required)
- See The Sunrise Up Haleakala (reservations required)
Regardless of what activities you choose, we always recommend booking in advance especially during peak family travel seasons (spring, summer, and winter breaks) as availability can book up weeks in advance.
While the activities we listed are in no particular order, the #1 Thing YOU MUST Do on Maui is Learn To Surf. Our quality surf lessons are designed for beginner to intermediate surfers who want to learn to surf and start to progress their skills. We have helped thousands of families, kids, and beginners learn to surf and have fun in Kihei (near Wailea) and we can help you too!