One on One Instruction. Two Hour Class | $200 + tax (per person)
Maui Surf Lessons
You Can Learn to Surf!
Experience Hawaii’s most famous sport of surfing and discover the magic of the ocean like the ancient Hawaiians. Learn to surf at one of the best beginner locations on the island of Maui. Surf lessons are in the mornings. Located in Kihei at Kalama Park (near Wailea).
Surf lessons are with friendly, patient, encouraging, and knowledgeable instructors. Surf lessons are two hours and all equipment is included (boards, reef shoes, rash guards).
Book early for peak family travel seasons (spring, summer, and winter breaks) as lesson availability can book up weeks in advance.
- Private Lessons: You with your own instructor.
- Semi-Private Lessons: Your family with your own instructor.
- Group Lessons: Join other students in an open group surf lesson.
- 3 Day Surf Progression: Get to the next level with multiple-day lessons!
Monday–Saturday in the mornings with Waves Hawaii Surf School. Closed on Sunday’s. We always recommend the earlier the better due to the trade winds that typically pick up mid-day.
• Lessons are 2 hours.
• All equipment is included (surf boards, rash guards & reef shoes).
• Surf instructors are CPR & First Aid certified.
• Guests under 18 require a guardian present to sign the waiver.
• We recommend that all children under the age of 10 have a private lesson for safety reasons and to gain the ultimate experience. If not, all children under the age of 10 must be accompanied by a parent in the water.
Payment is made at the time of booking and followed by a confirmation email with directions to Kalama Park. If you need to reschedule for another day we can happily assist you. Please contact us at least 24 hours in advance. There is a $25 cancellation fee. No refund given for cancellations made under 24 hours (or for no shows). If Surf Yoga Maui must cancel a booking due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances, we will reschedule your lesson. In the event that rescheduling is not possible, customers will receive a full refund.